Saturday, May 7, 2011

Getting Started

This is my first posting, months later that I first intended to do so.  I apologize to those who thought I had forgotten about them and was just moving on.  I am not.  I may be traveling, but my thoughts are with you all.   If you are initially reading this it is because you are my special invited friends and family.  If you have been referred to my Travels with Louise and Floyd Blog, welcome!   If you find it to be interesting, share it with a friend.  I would welcome your comments and your questions.

Unlike some folk, I do not live for social networking.  That is part of the reason it has taken me this long to communicate to you.  I much prefer face-to-face or telephone conversations over the less personal electronic communication.  Also, I have fairly good excuses.  Who among you have moved moved 2 1/2 households (moved out of two homes and moved much less into a 30 foot trailer), traveled over 2,000 miles so far, and managed to make one's life mobile and electronic?

1 comment:

  1. Traveling has been my dream-life since I was young. My journey through life has allowed some summer travels, camping trips, and more recently, visits with grandchildren living on both sides of the country and in the middle. In recent years my summers have been dominated by the family garden. This summer I have left my garden in good hands, and have taken my seat in our truck to be off, out seeing our vast country. For me this is a journey, my path, an extention of my education as I see and reach and touch and photograph so many wonders ahead. I find Kevin, my husband, and Floyd, my father-in-law to be pleasant traveling companions. We lightheartedly joke and jest and laugh together each day, remarking of memories past and new sights we see around the next bend in the road. These travels with Kevin and Floyd are a change from living at home on house and land. Traveling with out trailer makes it the same "home" each night, but where we park and who we meet is new as the days pass. I hope you'll enjoy this journey with us. - Louise

    ReplyDelete