Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Still Catching Up on My Past

If you are reading this for the first time, you may want to start with my first posting and then read forward.  When I catch up on our travels and get more current in my blog updates, I hope to have more interesting, funny or more meaningful entries.   I am also soon to try to figure out how to post pictures or create links for you to follow because the places were are seeing and photographing.  Let me share briefly what we did around Monterey CA.  We ended up camping up on a hill at an RV park owned and run by the county of Monterey called Laguna Seca Recreation Area.  When getting off Highway 68 we were faced with the great unknown, it was Saturday evening the 30th of April and we looped around to only find ourselves on a 16% grade!  Likely the steepest public road you have ever been on has been 7% grade.  Our trusty 93 Ford F-250 did its duty and we had power to spare as it pull nearly 10,000 lbs. behind it.  The next entry will tell you what we found when we got up the hill.  -Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment