Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My First Picture Postings!


Some would say that I am related to this fine creature. My only claim of connection to this ape is that I am his photographer. I took this photo using my Kodak digital camera at the San Diego Zoo in late March. I especially like this picture because of his pensive look, his hand to his chin, gazing at all the humans gathered to view him! Who is looking at whom?


I am related to this man! This past weekend we visited my cousin, Susan, in Olympic. She was kind to share her trove of family pictures with me, most of which I have never seen. This picture is my grandpa, Charlie Dick, my dad's dad, taken in 1915, prior to WWI.  He served as a corporal. He experienced an untimely death at age 48 leaving four children and a grieving wife. Grandpa Charlie was a college educated school teacher, but he was also an avid horseman and liked trading in mules.

No comments:

Post a Comment