Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Finishing the Annual Celebration

I will be trying to catch up a bit on our travels after posting a few more shot of our travel. I left you off at Prince Rupert, B.C. with dad having a good time hugging a paper mache King Salmon. So, here are a few more pics and then I will catch you up to the present.
This picture was taken at Mt. Robson, B.C., Canada's second tallest mountain-
As part of our stop at the Ukrainian Village east of Edmonton, Alberta, an older man was demonstrating the technique of plowing using true horsepower-
Although the travel is great it is even greater to be reunited with family! Here Grandpa Floyd hugs youngest grand daughter, Dinae in Denver-
And grand daughter, Emily, Dinae and Ben's daughter at the Botanical Gardens in Denver-
The young one earnestly praying over her soon-to-arrive lunch!
Many months ago I showed a picture an old time Barber Shop in the town of Hardy where we also had lunch where they set up the table and chairs just for us. Well, that same town had absolutely the best local crafted wood flutes for sale. I almost bought one although I do not play
The largest rock dam built by the Civilian Conservation Corp (CCC)in Cumberland State Park in Kentucky. It was a wonderful place to stay.
The Outer Bank beach of North Carolina. Just dad, Louise and I on the beach this time.
In the old downtown of Ocracoat N.C., I mean old, I found the these unique house steps-
You may recall, we spent Christmas with our daughter, Sarah, her husband, Simon, and our two other grandboys. Here is the oldest, Tristan James-
Who is that happy guy who enjoys every single day of vagabond retirement?
The sculpture at Brook Green Gardens was "Eat More Beef." Worth a good chuckle.
I do not recall if I had posted this picture earlier in my blog. It is one of the most unique interior walls I have seen, like a big basket woven
I have never seen a bird, any bird, fly so close to the water as this Pelican in South Carolina-
Sorry for the mix-up on the pictures and the wording. I am not going to go back at this stage and change them. It just takes too long to re-post and it is getting late. I told you I would be skipping around!!!
My Aunt, Verda, noticed that I had not previously mentioned anything about our time in Georgia. So, in honor of her, here is a port shot along the river in Savannah. It was a nice city, very similar to Charleston
Look carefully. This is a cement wall using oyster shells and then finishing it up with wood! I really liked the look-
South of Titusville, Florida, we stay in a small mobile home park that rented out a few of their sites to vagabonds like us. We discovered, really for the first time, how inexpensive it would be to live here in Florida. Space rent was $350 per month and you have a shared dock for river/ocean access. They even provide a space to park your boat. One mobile homes were for sale from $65K down to $7K. I almost inquired-
On the same island that the Kennedy Space Center is located, there is also a large nature preserve. We had the fortune of seeing this rare Roseate Spoonbill bird
There was an abundance of wildlife-
How is this for a Florida sunset complete with a seagull!
One of the parks we stayed at was run by Martin County. It had it's own little Island. Look what I found as one of the most unique fishing piers I have seen-
Unique bird, quite ugly, until you see it fly. I used a little photographic license and tilted my camera to get as close of a shot of it standing by the dock looking on-
I took Louise out to the ocean as part of her birthday celebration. This surfer I captured in Palm Beach. The water wash warm and surf was up-
A strange site to behold outside of Stuart, Florida. These Turkey Vultures were drying out after a full night of downpour-
Well, I finally caught up to today, February 7th! We arrived on a small island (almost part of the mainland of Florida)close to Key Largo Island, staying at a small RV park of perhaps 25 residents, some on boats. It was hot today, at least 80F and it was the tightest fit I have experienced in all of our travels. The truck was so strained by the manuvering back and forth, that it actually vapor locked on me! That is its first, and hopefully last time. Yes, I know it was 27F in Denver, so I will not complain.
A number of the residents went out fishing on the board walk in the warmth of the dark evening. It feels like what I imagined the tropics would be like, other than the sweltering summer heat. Is this really February 7th?
On this same spit of land, there are other "Condo Associations" of RV parks that look idyllic. Live in your trailer and park a boat just outside. I will leave you with two pictures from earlier today. Tomorrow, we head out just in our truck for the some of the Key islands.
Oh, by the way, the property where the chair is sitting, is for sale. I dare not ask or it might not be very long...

No comments:

Post a Comment