Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pictures and More Pictures Over the Past Year

I will be skipping around but will identify, to the best of my ability, where these pictures were taken. I hope not to repeat pictures from previous posts, but I may slip one or two in.

Floyd, the original bull moose enjoying the pose at Exit Glacier visitor center in Alaska
Dad with sons Brian, Craig, David and Kevin in Ocean Beach, San Diego
Floyd with his younger sister, Verda, north of Spokane, Washington. I sure have a sweet dear Aunt! We love you, Verda!
Sign to assist with surviving bears. Notice the right column, what this tells you.
Quite humorous, unless you are there with the bear.
Colorado Aspen turning colors in the mountains of Colorado near the end of September
Same day, another road to travel enjoying one of those picture perfect days in Colorado high country
Sunset on the state beach at San Luis Obispo, California. I wish I had been that fisherman. Maybe next time.

Sea Horses at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey, California

Juno, Alaska
An Indian settlement on the way to Dawson City, Yukon Territory complete with one general store and gas station. We bought the gas.
World's largest Spruce Tree coastal Washington State
Returning to Skagway, AK from Juno. A perfect, but crisp, evening; one of those evenings you wished were longer because of the sheer enjoyment.
Midnight sunset near Carcross, Alaska
Steller Sea Lion enjoying a nap
Lilly pads in an unnamed pond in the Yukon
The great Denali mountain
This picture is one of my favorite top 10. More of Denali National Park, Alaska. It is well worth the visit.


Ancient fish wheel outside of Fairbanks AK
Salmon jerky in the making
Watch out!
Just kidding.
Preferred mode of transportation for many in the North Country
Tok, Alaska. Why haul the lawn mower around? Just leave it up there!
Wascilla, AK, unique roof
Still 60 miles away from Mt. Denali, another of my favorites
Hauling new pay dirt for tourist at the state park up from Wascilla. Great guys.
Silver Ocean looking north from the Kenai Penisula, a most restful area
Homer, AK out on The Spit. Another favorite of mine.
Recently retired Priest at the 1st Orthodox church in North America. Fund raising through the sale of their own cookbook. I bought one and gave it to my daughter, Kristin.
On the Prince William Sound day trip, Harbor Seals looking on
Salmon Glacier, North of Hyder AK
If you don't catch them, hug them! Prince Rupert, B.C.
Salmon Glacier and surrounding area.



I thought I would end this entry with a flower and a promise. I will continue to recap this past year's travel, but will also devote an entry soon to flowers. I have some really wonderful pics from cactus to tundra fauna and in-between.

1 comment: