Thursday, June 7, 2012

Updating My Family and Friends


Please note:  My internet connection is poor and it will be at least a week before we have high speed service.  I will then post the pictures I had planned to share with you all in this blog.

Several weeks have flown by since my last entry!  I thought I better update all of you who follow this blog regularly concerning what is happening with us, Kevin (the author), Louise and Floyd.  Also, I want to share with you some pictures, of course.  Finishing our latest travel leg covering a portion of southeast United States (mostly along the coastal areas), we were anxious to visit family and friends in the Denver/Lakewood area, spending a full month there.  It was great to see daughters Katy and Dinae, son-in-law Ben, and grand-daughter Emily.  We also enjoyed times of catching up with family friends, former neighbors and our church family.  We had missed them all while journeying thousands of miles.  Part of the reason for the Colorado stop was needed work on our two rental homes, particularly the main house whose garage begged for paint since the main house received new siding of a different color as a result of hail damage last July.  That storm took out our roof, siding and gutters.  The painting was no simple task on the 1200 square foot oversized structure; that painting aided by our tenant and friend, Kenny.  The paint job size is akin to painting an entire house.
Also, dad had some minor should surgery which took off some skin cancer.  He is healing up from this surgery.

Here is some news...We have decided to stay put for up to a year in length, trying to save up for some more future traveling ventures.  It is a relief to see gas prices moderating and perhaps that will speed our future travel plans.  Through mutual need and agreement we decided to live in Prescott, AZ for the next year mutually renting a home with our daughter, Kristin, son-n-law, Ty, and two of our grandsons.  Four generations under one roof, no doubt a blessing and perhaps a challenge for all!  A couple of weeks ago we found a rental that met our needs, and a bit beyond.

As soon as I can I will post pictures of our travel to the "mile high" Arizona town in the pines and pictures of our temporary residence.   I suspect in the months to come I will have plenty to write about.  See ya later!  -Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment